Synchronicity and games with Aleister Crowley

I blame the synchronicity bloggers. This wouldn't have happened without them. Mainly, the Secret Sun, though Merovee and Rune Soup deserve their portion of credit for getting me to poke my nose in the sort of places where I might get it bitten by demons. And I know full well how that usually goes, I read everything I could find by Lovecraft back when I was a teen.

Chris of the Secret Sun just had to post about the time he visited the tree where Aleister Crowley's ashes were scattered, and let drop that he expected Crowley synchonicities in the near future. And that was irresistible provocation. Crowley is my neighbour. Still is my neighbour. I know all about his funeral, it's local legend over here. But we all know that it takes more than merely burning a body to ashes to get rid of an evil wizard, don't we?

I had to go and visit the relevant places last Sunday (2/2/2020), just to report on any weird phenomena. And, people, did I get more than I bargained for.

I went first to St Peter's Church, figuring it would be safest. And after what happened there, I decided to give Woodvale Crematorium a pass. I know when I've had enough.

I'll write a post with a full report later, but I just have to get this out of my chest. Consider it the teaser.

This was what the West door of St Peter's Church looked like. Scarlet, and apparently oozing something. Or, if you are so inclined, strawberry and looking like you might find a siren in a bathtub on the other side.



I turned around, and this is what was just on the other side of the street:


You may not be able to see the full grim malevolence that came out of that place. This is another photo from a better angle:


Somebody left an empty bottle of Mexican beer in the corner next to the gate. It really was that grim, I'm not making this up.

And then, a few more paces down, just after the barbers, I found the bar where the bottle must have come from:


And that was just the first skull I found going down that street. There were three within 50 yards (or 66, I didn't exactly measure).

I just had to post this today. I couldn't wait till I put together the longer post I was planning to do.

I hope somebody finds it of interest.

Comments

  1. Definitely some atmosphere..and probably would make me think two or three times... saw your comment on Secret... about
    ...uh Lovecraft etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this... Great to see you on the sync-blog path. More! - JH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment